Surrounded by lush green rainforest, granite formations, & stunning views of the gorge. Behana is a wide open space with it’s main feature being a series of waterfalls coming together into a bowl… From the main waterfall we canyon our way down abseiling, cliff jumping, sliding, swimming & exploring with your guide.
Riverboarding in Barron River, Queensland
- Person Ages 12+
Experience the Rapids Of the Barron Gorge on the Barron River in Cairns
Just a short 15 minute drive from Cairns, we take you to the mighty Barron River surrounded by the tropical rainforest.
Barron Gorge National Park is well known as one of two whitewater rafting hotspots around Cairns over a challenging grade 3 whitewater… If you have already been whitewater rafting before, riverboarding is your next adventure!
Riverboarding in Cairns is a more personal experience where everyone has their own individual riverboards, fins, and safety equipment. We go head first into the river rapids, tackling the course from within the Barron Gorge River (as opposed to on the river).
Basic swimming skills are required. Your experienced tour guides will show you how to read the water and tips on making the most of your riverboarding experience. Suitable for families, people looking for their next adventure, or to try something new. Come check out Australia’s only riverboarding tour company. With a maximum of 16 people in your group (unless private charter), this is definitely a personal experience to enjoy in the Wet Tropics on the Barron River in Queensland.
- Wetsuits (Winter Season)
- Helmet, Life Jacket,
- Fins, Riverboard
- Safety equipment to wear for the riverboarding adventure
- Professional instruction from a certified instructor
- Return Shuttle Transport from Allbout Cairns Shop to location
- $10pp – Cairns CBD Transfers (most accommodations are walking distance)
- from $35pp – Photos &/or Videos (more expensive on the day)
- from $100 – Go Pro Hire (includes 32GB SD card to take home)
- BYO food – Snacks
- Board shorts, swimmers, rash top (optional)
- Dry clothes, towel, sunscreen
- Shoes aren’t needed, but thick or neoprene socks can be a good idea for under the fins to prevent rubbing/blisters
- Extra cash if you would like to purchase your photos/video/shoe hire/transfers or merchandise
- Gropro & attachments (must be hands free)
- Wear contact lenses rather than prescription glasses.
- Daily medication
- Humour & a sense of adventure
- Age: Anyone 12 years or older. Guests under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign on their behalf & will need to be accompanied by a parent / guardian. We have had people in their mid 80’s – 90’s on our experiences, as long as you are comfy on your feet and feel confident with your fitness levels for participation then you are welcome to join us.
- Fitness levels: We accept your challenge and cater to everyone’s pace, size & ability.
- Swimming abilities: Guests need to have a very basic level of confidence to manovere in the water. All participants have to complete water confidence training, which could potentially involve swimming a grade 2 rapid prior to the tour. If unable to complete the training for whatever reason, individuals will not be able to participate in the tour.
- Medical Conditions: Participants should disclose any medical conditions (including allergies) at time of booking, that way we can best cater to everyone on the day. As our tours are a physically demanding adventure there are some medical conditions, impairments or disabilities may exclude participants from participation for safety reasons including but not limited to pregnancy, spinal injuries, some neck injuries. Please call us to discuss any concerns.