Explore Crystal Canyon as you Repel, Abseil, Zip-line, Jump, Slide and Swim through a pristine section of the World Heritage listed rainforest. This course is more for those wanting to abseil waterfalls & zipline.
- Person (Direct Special) Ages 8+
Perfect for kids and first time Canyoneers
Surrounded by lush green rainforest, granite formations, & stunning views of the gorge. Behana is a wide open space with it’s main feature being a series of waterfalls coming together into a bowl… From the main waterfall we canyon our way down a variety of water features (abseiling, cliff jumping, sliding, swimming & exploring) with your qualified guide. The best thing about Behana Canyon experience is that everything on this course is optional & each of our guests can make the choices of what they’d like to do without it affecting the other people in their group – this makes it ideal for families or those a little nervous or first time canyoners whilst still catering to those more intermediate/advanced levels in a fun, safe way.
Cairns Canyoning has exclusive vehicle use of the 3.2km track to Behana Gorge situated in Wooroonooran World Heritage National Parks QLD (40mins drive from Cairns). On arrival to location our guides will instruct each of you on abseiling techniques & correct use of gear. Taking up a Canyoning experience in the warm tropics offers a refreshing way to cool down, enjoy nature that will make your friends & family wish they’d have done it with you!
- Wetsuits (Winter Season)
- Helmet, Harness, Carabiners, Life Jacket
- Safety equipment to wear for the canyoning adventure
- Professional abseil instruction from a certified instructor
- Return Shuttle Transport from Allbout Cairns Shop to location
- $10pp – Cairns CBD Transfers (most accommodations are walking distance)
- $5pp – Shoe Hire
- from $25pp – Photos &/or Videos (more expensive on the day)
- from $60 – Go Pro Hire
- BYO food – Snacks
- Board shorts, swimmers, rash top (optional)
- Dry clothes, towel, sunscreen
- Closed toed shoes (runners) & socks
- Extra cash if you would like to purchase your photos/video/shoe hire/transfers or merchandise
- Gropro & attachments (must be hands free)
- Wear contact lenses rather than prescription glasses.
- Daily medication
- Humour & a sense of adventure
- Age: Anyone 8 years or older. Guests under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign on their behalf & will need to be accompanied by a parent / guardian. We have had people in their mid 80’s – 90’s on our experiences, as long as you are comfy on your feet and feel confident with your fitness levels for participation then you are welcome to join us.
- Fitness levels: We accept your challenge and cater to everyone’s pace, size & ability.
- Swimming abilities: Guests need to have a very basic level of confidence to manovere in the water.
- Medical Conditions: Participants should disclose any medical conditions (including allergies) at time of booking, that way we can best cater to everyone on the day. As our tours are a physically demanding adventure there are some medical conditions, impairments or disabilities may exclude participants from participation for safety reasons including but not limited to pregnancy, spinal injuries, some neck injuries. Please call us to discuss any concerns.
Both our Half day Canyon options at Behana or Crystals are amazing, and you may be having a tough time trying to decide between the two below are the differences between each site but it doesn’t necessariliy make the decision any easier!
- Ages 8 years or older – due to every activity on course being optional
- Abseils – up to 2
- Rock Jumps – up to 3 (largest being 12m)
- Rockslides – up to 2 (weather dependant)
- Plunge pools or similar – up to 2 (weather dependant)
- Ziplines – none at this site
One of the most popular Waterfalls in the Cairns Region is the beautiful Crystal Cascades, surrounded by tropical rainforest, with a 2km track passing through of many water pools. Cairns Canyoning offers a whole other level of experience to explore these waterfalls through our water courses… Enjoy a 30 metre zipline into the refreshing pool, an abseil down & through one of the waterfalls itself, jumps, slides, abseils, a chance to appreciate nature in a different style of adventure.
- Ages 12 years or older – only one way down
- Abseils – up to 5 (largest being 32m / 104ft)
- Rock Jumps – up to 2 (4m or optional 10m)
- Rockslides – 1
- Plunge pools or similar – none at this site
- Ziplines – 1 (30m into the water)