Hidden in the tropical rainforest of Cairns, Barron is grade 3 whitewater. Fun, Exciting & Exhilarating in 1of2 well known rafting rivers, the Barron Gorge. River Boarding is a more personal next level sport to…
- Person (Direct Special) Ages 12+
We are an established fun river boarding company that explores the beautiful surrounding rivers, in the oldest rainforest in the world! We offer some unique adventure experiences from Cairns. Take on the challenge head first and see the rapids of the Tully Gorge like no other…
A 2 hour senic drive from Cairns, we head past the Sugar Cane feilds, Banana farms, south near the coast line, then up into the World Heritage Wet Tropics into the Tully Gorge National Parks. Hidden within the stunning rainforest backdrop is the Tully Gorge, we begin our adventure in the Tully also known as Cairns Most Adventurous White Water Rafting spot – but if you’ve already been rafting this is definately an alternative, more personal small group experience worth doing!
River Boarding is a more personal experience, everyone has their own individual riverboards, fins, safety equipment & we are head first into the river rapids (grade 1-4), tackling the course from within the Tully Gorge River (as apposed to on the river).
Intermediate swimming levels are required, your experienced tour guides will show you how to read the water & tips on making the most of your riverboarding experience. Suitable for people looking for their next adventure, or to try something new like Australia’s only riverboarding tour company. With a maximum of 16 people in your group (unless private charter), this is definately a personal experience to enjoy in the Wet Tropics!
- Wetsuits (Winter Season)
- Helmet, Life Jacket,
- Fins, Riverboard
- Safety equipment to wear for the riverboarding adventure
- Professional instruction from a certified instructor
- Return Shuttle Transport from Allbout Cairns Shop to location
- $10pp – Cairns CBD Transfers (most accommodations are walking distance)
- from $25pp – Photos &/or Videos (more expensive on the day)
- from $60 – Go Pro Hire
- BYO food – Snacks, packed lunch items in ziplock bag or similar
- Board shorts, swimmers, rash top (optional)
- Dry clothes, towel, sunscreen
- Shoes aren’t needed, but thick or neoprene socks can be a good idea for under the fins to prevent rubbing/blisters
- Extra cash if you would like to purchase your photos/video/shoe hire/transfers or merchandise
- Gropro & attachments (must be hands free)
- Wear contact lenses rather than prescription glasses.
- Daily medication
- Humour & a sense of adventure
- Age: Anyone 12 years or older. Guests under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign on their behalf & will need to be accompanied by a parent / guardian. We have had people in their mid 80’s – 90’s on our experiences, as long as you are comfy on your feet and feel confident with your fitness levels for participation then you are welcome to join us.
- Fitness levels: We accept your challenge and cater to everyone’s pace, size & ability.
- Swimming abilities: Guests need to have a intermediate level of swimming ability/confidence to manovere in the water. All participants have to complete water confidence training, which could potentially involve swimming a grade 2 rapid prior to the tour. If unable to complete the training for whatever reason, individuals will not be able to participate in the tour.
- Medical Conditions: Participants should disclose any medical conditions (including allergies) at time of booking, that way we can best cater to everyone on the day. As our tours are a physically demanding adventure there are some medical conditions, impairments or disabilities may exclude participants from participation for safety reasons including but not limited to pregnancy, spinal injuries, some neck injuries. Please call us to discuss any concerns.