Hidden in the tropical rainforest of Cairns, Barron is grade 3 whitewater. Fun, Exciting & Exhilarating in 1of2 well known rafting rivers, the Barron Gorge. River Boarding is a more personal next level sport to white water rafting & a must try for anyone who has already been rafting…
Spillway Canyoning – Advanced
- Person Ages 12+
The Ultimate Rainforest Experience
Only available to the public through Cairns Canyoning is the rewarding full day canyoning section, otherwise known as Spillway Canyon. You’ll need to be adventurous, have swimming experience & a determination to overcome your fears…
In the morning you’ll see the beautiful Cairns City views on the way up to Lake Morris (Copperlode Dam), once at Lake Morris you’ll change to stunning views of the lake & surrounding World Heritage Wet Tropics rainforest… from here we will get ready for Canyoneering, show you the ropes, walk through the days plan before decending / abseiling over a 52 meter drop.
You’ll see parts of FNQ that very few will ever get to see, let alone experience… We have bigger drops, slides, water chute, waterfalls, abseils and more, on this full day Spillway Canyoning. The full day canyoning course finishes 4.2km downstream at Crystal Cascades (one of Cairns Most Popular Waterfalls)
Our canyoning course has been designed to have no environmental impact, it’s an unforgetable experience & we’d love to show this to you!
- Ages 12 years or older
- Abseils – up to 8 (largest being 52m / 180ft)
- Rock Jumps – up to 3 (largest being 10m)
- Rockslides – up to 2 (weather dependant)
- Plunge pools or similar – none at this site
- Ziplines – none at this site
- Water Chute – 1
- Wetsuits (Winter Season)
- Helmet, Harness, Carabiners, Life Jacket
- Safety equipment to wear for the canyoning adventure
- Professional abseil instruction from a certified instructor
- Return Shuttle Transport from Allbout Cairns Shop to location
- $10pp – Cairns CBD Transfers (most accommodations are walking distance)
- $5pp – Shoe Hire (bring socks)
- from $35pp – Photos &/or Videos (more expensive on the day)
- from $100 – Go Pro Hire (includes 32GB SD card to take home)
- BYO food – Snacks, packed lunch items in ziplock bag or similar
- Board shorts, swimmers, rash top (optional)
- Dry clothes, towel, sunscreen
- Closed toed shoes (runners) & socks
- Extra cash if you would like to purchase your photos/video/shoe hire/transfers or merchandise
- Gropro & attachments (must be hands free)
- Wear contact lenses rather than prescription glasses.
- Daily medication
- Humour & a sense of adventure
- Age: Anyone 12 years or older. Guests under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign on their behalf & will need to be accompanied by a parent / guardian. We have had people in their mid 80’s – 90’s on our experiences, as long as you are comfy on your feet and feel confident with your fitness levels for participation then you are welcome to join us.
- Fitness levels: We accept your challenge and cater to everyone’s pace, size & ability.
- Swimming abilities: Guests need to have a intermediate level of swimming ability/confidence to manovere in the water.
- Medical Conditions: Participants should disclose any medical conditions (including allergies) at time of booking, that way we can best cater to everyone on the day. As our tours are a physically demanding adventure there are some medical conditions, impairments or disabilities may exclude participants from participation for safety reasons including but not limited to pregnancy, spinal injuries, some neck injuries. Please call us to discuss any concerns.