Surrounded by lush green rainforest, granite formations, & stunning views of the gorge. Behana is a wide open space with it’s main feature being a series of waterfalls coming together into a bowl… From the main waterfall we canyon our way down abseiling, cliff jumping, sliding, swimming & exploring with your guide.
- Promo Code: 10%OFF You're welcome ;-)
- Person Ages 12+
Perfect for adventure seekers, and the big kid in all of us!
One of the most popular Waterfalls in the Cairns Region is the beautiful Crystal Cascades, surrounded by tropical rainforest, with a 2km track passing through of many water pools.
Cairns Canyoning offers a whole other level of experience to explore these waterfalls through our water courses… Enjoy a 30 metre zipline into the refreshing pool, an abseil down & through one of the waterfalls itself, jumps, slides, abseils, a chance to appreciate nature in a different style of adventure.
- Wetsuits (Winter Season)
- Helmet, Harness, Carabiners, Life Jacket
- Safety equipment to wear for the canyoning adventure
- Professional abseil instruction from a certified instructor
- Return Shuttle Transport from Allbout Cairns Shop to location
- $10pp – Cairns CBD Transfers (most accommodations are walking distance)
- $5pp – Shoe Hire (bring socks)
- from $25pp – Photos &/or Videos (more expensive on the day)
- from $60 – Go Pro Hire
- BYO food – Snacks
- Board shorts, swimmers, rash top (optional)
- Dry clothes, towel, sunscreen
- Closed toed shoes (runners) & socks
- Extra cash if you would like to purchase your photos/video/shoe hire/transfers or merchandise
- Gropro & attachments (must be hands free)
- Wear contact lenses rather than prescription glasses.
- Daily medication
- Humour & a sense of adventure
- Age: Anyone 12 years or older. Guests under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign on their behalf & will need to be accompanied by a parent / guardian. We have had people in their mid 80’s – 90’s on our experiences, as long as you are comfy on your feet and feel confident with your fitness levels for participation then you are welcome to join us.
- Fitness levels: We accept your challenge and cater to everyone’s pace, size & ability.
- Swimming abilities: Guests need to have a very basic level of confidence to manovere in the water.
- Medical Conditions: Participants should disclose any medical conditions (including allergies) at time of booking, that way we can best cater to everyone on the day. As our tours are a physically demanding adventure there are some medical conditions, impairments or disabilities may exclude participants from participation for safety reasons including but not limited to pregnancy, spinal injuries, some neck injuries. Please call us to discuss any concerns.
Both our Half day Canyon options at Behana or Crystals are amazing, and you may be having a tough time trying to decide between the two below are the differences between each site but it doesn’t necessariliy make the decision any easier!
Cairns Canyoning has exclusive vehicle use of the 3.2km track to Behana Gorge situated in Wooroonooran World Heritage National Parks QLD. Surrounded by lush green rainforest & granite formations Behana is a wide open space with it’s main feature being a series of waterfalls coming together into a bowl… From the main waterfall you can expect to see a variety of water features your qualified tour guide will take you through on our adventures, the best thing about Behana Canyon experience is that everything on this course is optional & each of our guests can make the choices of what they’d like to do without it affecting the other people in their groups – this makes it ideal for families or those a little nervous or first time canyoners whilst still catering to those more intermediate/advanced levels.
- Ages 8 years or older – due to every activity on course being optional
- Abseils – up to 2
- Rock Jumps – up to 3 (largest being 12m)
- Rockslides – up to 2 (weather dependant)
- Plunge pools or similar – up to 2 (weather dependant)
- Ziplines – none at this site
- Ages 12 years or older – only one way down
- Abseils – up to 5 (largest being 32m / 104ft)
- Rock Jumps – up to 2 (4m or optional 10m)
- Rockslides – 1
- Plunge pools or similar – none at this site
- Ziplines – 1 (30m into the water)